Timbale of black pudding, chickpea and roast potato
Extra virgin olive oil 0.05 l
Purple onion from Zalla 0.2 kg
Table salt 1.0 g
Ground black pepper 1.0 g
For the blood sausage and potato timbale:
- Bake the potatoes greased, salted and wrapped in aluminium foil.
- Peel them and break them with a fork with some extra virgin olive oil and salt. The result will be a rustic mash.
- Confit the chopped Zalla red onion cut into julienne. Drain well.
- Cook the black pudding. Remove the skin and crumble it.
- Assemble the blood sausage and potatoes into rings.
- Place a base of mashed potato in the ring.
- Add a thin layer of onion, well drained.
- Finally, place a thick layer of crumbled blood sausage.
For the chickpea stock:
- Make a clarified stock with chickpeas. Set aside the cooked chickpeas.
- Thicken slightly with xanthan.
- Add flavour.
For the garnish:
- Fry the cooked chickpeas in the broth.
- For the decoration:
- Make a romesco tile.
- Spread 150 g of butter.
- Add 100 g of egg whites.
- Add 50 g of flour and mix well until the dough is smooth. Set aside for at least an hour in the fridge.
- Crush 6 almonds and 10 roasted hazelnuts into powder.
- Finely chop 2 sun-dried tomatoes and crush one dried chorizo pepper into powder.
- Prepare powdered tomato.
- Spread thin portions of dough on a silpat, bake in the oven at 160 ºC, for 3 minutes. Sprinkle a small amount of the different powders onto each portion. Bake for a few more minutes until crisp.
- Heat the blood sausage and potato timbale.
- Place in the centre of a deep dish and remove the ring.
- Add the hot broth.
- Place some fried chickpeas around the timbale.
- Decorate with a romesco tile attatched to the black pudding timbale.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 8.41 g
Saturates 27.74 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 44.5 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 8.28 g
Cholesterol 149.37 mg
Calcium 158.57 mg
Iron 17.8 mg
Zinc 1.64 mg
Vitamin A 355.21 ug
Vitamin C 42.22 g
Folic acid 100.83 ug
Salt (Sodium) 1416.6 mg
Sugars 6.05 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed