Clams filled with spider crab
Large semi farmed clam 1.25 kg
Fumet 0.1 l
For the clams:
- Steam the clams until they are open, covered in 1 litre of fumet.
- Separate the clams from the shells and cut the clams into brunoise.
- Save the clams and the shells for later.
For the spider crab:
- Cook the spider crab the donostiarra way.
How to fill the clams:
- Fill the clams with the cooked meat of the spider crab, carefully, so that the two parts of the shell stay joined together.
- Cover them in breadcrumbs and save for later.
For the garnish:
- Make some concassé tomato.
For the sauce américaine foam:
- Make a thick sauce américaine or thicken it when finished with dry mashed potatoes or with any other thickener.
- Add 3 or 4 egg whites, mix everything and add salt.
- Strain the mixture with a sieve and introduce it into the 1 litre siphon, with 2 loads of N2O.
- Put in bain-marie at approximately 50 or 55 ºC.
- Make crispy potatoes.
HOW TO SERVE
- Fry the clams and place on top of absorbent paper.
- Put the concassé tomato inside together with the américaine foam and the crispy potatoes.
- Decorate with chopped parsley or with parsley sauce.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 14.13 g
Saturates 11.2 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 24.8 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 35.53 g
Cholesterol 279.03 mg
Calcium 787.99 mg
Iron 67.82 mg
Zinc 37.56 mg
Vitamin A 1184.12 ug
Vitamin C 105.6 g
Folic acid 428.24 ug
Salt (Sodium) 10144.19 mg
Sugars 33.71 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed