English style roast beef with aromatic herbs
For the meat:
- Remove the grease from the joint and tie. Season with salt and pepper and brown in a frying pan.
- Roast in the oven 180 ºC, with aromatic herbs (thyme and oregano).
- Turn the joint over during roasting.
- Remove from the oven when the middle of the joint reaches 37 ºC.
- Allow to rest
- Remove the strings and set aside to carve once cold.
For the sides:
- For the mashed potato. Place in a piping bag with a curly tip.
- For the vegetables, chop a very fine julienne of beans, cabbage, zucchini and carrots, boil separately and rinse.
- Lastly, make a little garlic seasoned oil to add when plating up.
For the sauce:
- Take some thyme, wash and set aside.
- Cut the beef joint very finely.
- Sauté the vegetables in the garlic oil.
- Place an assortment of vegetables on one side of the plate.
- Add hot mashed potatoes, with the help of a piping bag, next to the vegetables.
- Place the beef on the other side of the plate.
- Baste the meat with the gravy.
- Decorate with aromatic herbs.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 11.79 g
Saturates 20.32 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 26.88 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 5.73 g
Cholesterol 138.16 mg
Calcium 263.84 mg
Iron 8.3 mg
Zinc 7.97 mg
Vitamin A 634.41 ug
Vitamin C 106.52 g
Folic acid 247.72 ug
Salt (Sodium) 615.28 mg
Sugars 24.08 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed