Battered anchovies filled with roasted green and red peppers
For the anchovies:
- Clean the anchovies and open them from top to bottom getting rid of the spine and the head.
- Dry and save for later.
For the stuffing:
- Remove the seeds of the green peppers.
- Fry them for a few seconds in very hot oil. Immediately put them in a bowl with cold water to cease the frying.
- Peel and chop the anchovies into strips. Save for later.
- Confit the Piquillo Peppers and chop them into strips (the size should be same of the strips of green pepper).
- Make 4 anchovy sandwiches per serving: 2 stuffed with green pepper and the other 2, stuffed with Piquillo Pepper.
- Season, dip the anchovies into flour and egg and fry them with olive oil.
- Put the anchovies on top of some absorbent paper to get rid of the excess oil.
For the garnish:
HOW TO SERVE:
- Place the hot basic ratatouille with the help of a kitchen ring. Place the anchovies on top of the ratatouille.
- Season with the fried garlic and sprinkle freshly chopped parsley.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 2.67 g
Saturates 19.06 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 52.52 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 35.22 g
Cholesterol 228.43 mg
Calcium 111.27 mg
Iron 3.56 mg
Zinc 1.69 mg
Vitamin A 215.03 ug
Vitamin C 128.46 g
Folic acid 54.63 ug
Salt (Sodium) 646.28 mg
Sugars 5.73 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed