Stewed squid with prawn cream and pilaw style rice
No. 4 frozen squid 1.75 kg
Garlic, bulb 0.5 ud
Tomato 0.1 kg
Langoustine 0.1 kg
Brandy 0.013 l
Creamed corn 0.01 kg
For this recipe, the following elaborations are needed:
- Prepare a fumet, for the squid sauce the Pilaw rice.
- For the garnishing: the pilaw rice.
- Clean the squid.
To stew the squid:
- Chop the sliced garlic, the onion into julienne, the carrot into half-moons and the tomato into quarters.
- Place all the vegetables with a little oil in a pan and add the squid on top, season and cover.
- Cook over low heat until they are soft. If they are short of liquid add some fumet.
- Once cooked, separate the squid from the juices and the vegetables.
For the squid sauce:
- Sauté and flambé the prawns with their shell on, add them to the pan with the vegetables and the juices of the squid.
- Cover with the fumet, bring to the boil and bind with corn starch dissolved in a little cold fumet. Blend and strain, add salt.
- Add the sauce to the squid and allow to simmer to unify the flavors, adjust the salt and thickness if necessary.
- Serve with pilaw rice.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 6.55 g
Saturates 0.82 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 1.95 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 0.85 g
Cholesterol 626.26 mg
Calcium 259.74 mg
Iron 4.96 mg
Zinc 1.31 mg
Vitamin A 339.08 ug
Vitamin C 53.54 g
Folic acid 158.0 ug
Salt (Sodium) 423.13 mg
Sugars 14.29 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed