Smoked squid and purple onion from Zalla
Purple onion from Zalla 0.2 kg
White wine 0.02 l
Cinnamon stick 0.5 ud
Ground black pepper 1.0 g
Ginger 1.0 g
Potatoes 0.25 kg
Sakura Mix shoots 0.001 kg
For the squid:
- Clean the squid and season.
- Fillet and lightly brown the garlic in a frying pan.
- Place the squid with the garlic in a vacuum bag, applying full vacuum.
- Cook in a Roner or steam oven at 65 ºC for 5 minutes.
- Remove and cool quickly.
For the purple onion from Zalla spiced jam:
- Chop the onion into julienne and sauté.
- Add the wine, apple vinegar, cinnamon stick, peppercorns, cloves, thyme, sugar and grated ginger to a pan.
- Reduce to a third and strain.
- Add this reduction to the poached onion and bring to the boil.
- Cool and place in a vacuum bag and pack under full vacuum.
For the black mashed potato base:
- Bake the potatoes with the skin on slightly greased, seasoned and wrapped in aluminium foil.
- Make a squid ink sauce á la carte.
- Peel the potatoes and mash to a purée by mixing them with the black sauce.
For the decoration:
- Select a few chives and a few microsprouts.
- Take the squid out of the bag and place them on a grill.
- Heat the mashed potato and place some bases on the tray.
- Heat the onion jam.
- Place the squid on the mashed potato bases with onion jam buttons on top.
- Decorate with the chives and microsprouts.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 6.33 g
Saturates 1.04 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 2.13 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 1.74 g
Cholesterol 81.06 mg
Calcium 99.35 mg
Iron 11.57 mg
Zinc 0.24 mg
Vitamin A 506.88 ug
Vitamin C 66.11 g
Folic acid 37.55 ug
Salt (Sodium) 784.35 mg
Sugars 9.7 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed