Quail and vegetables marinated with black plum purée
For the marinade:
- Bone the quails, add salt and pepper and tie them up so that they do not break while being sautéed.
- Peel the onions and parboil the carrots, cook for 5 minutes to soften slightly.
- In the 1.5 dl of oil, sauté the quails and remove them from the fat.
- Add the carrots, the cooked onions and the garlic cloves with their skin left on, until browned.
- Add the wine + the vinegar + the water + the spices + the quails, cover and cook on a low heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Leave to cool.
Important: the marinade must cover the quails.
Conservation: in the refrigerator about 15 days, always completely covered by the marinade.
For the sauce:
- Add some of the marinade to an appropriate container and blend adding Xantana little by little.
For the plum purée:
- Remove the plum seeds then sauté them in the butter, adding the sugar and water. Cook until the plums are soft and the liquid reduces.
- Blend to a very fine and thick purée and sieve if necessary.
HOW TO SERVE
- Separate the thighs from the breasts.
- Remove the skin and fillet the breasts into three pieces each.
- Place the thighs on one side, the breasts on the other and the vegetables between the meats.
- Pour the sauce over the top.
- Finally add the purée and decorate with the herbs.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 16.25 g
Saturates 6.04 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 21.09 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 2.22 g
Cholesterol 34.24 mg
Calcium 238.65 mg
Iron 12.21 mg
Zinc 2.37 mg
Vitamin A 476.31 ug
Vitamin C 35.12 g
Folic acid 8.4 ug
Salt (Sodium) 82.28 mg
Sugars 39.49 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed