- Soak the raisins in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain them and place them on kitchen paper to absorb the excess moisture.
- Whisk the eggs, yolks and the sugar until the mixture is pale.
- Mix the sifted flour and salt.
- Incorporate the butter (previously melted), orange juice and orange zest to the egg and yolks.
- Add in the flour, salt, yeast and milk.
- Knead for 7-10 minutes or until you get a smooth and elastic dough ball.
- The dough will be sticky but do not add more flour. Place in a container and let it ferment for 1 hour.
- Then, divide the dough into portions of 60 g. and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- With a rolling pin, roll the balls out in a 2 mm thick rectangle.
- Soften the butter.
- Spread some butter over each rectangle.
- Divide the amount of raisins and almonds depending on the amount of rectangles that you have. Place the raisins and almonds on each rectangle.
- Roll up the rectangles as if you were making a Swiss roll. Cut the rolls in half lengthwise. Make sure you leave a 2 cm margin at one end.
- Intertwine them leaving the layers exposed. Place them in the mould of your choice.
- Let them ferment for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºC.
- Bake them at 200 ºC for 10 minutes and then drop the temperature to 180 ºC and continue baking them for about 15 minutes.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 3.78 g
Saturates 9.05 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 6.59 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 1.62 g
Cholesterol 163.58 mg
Calcium 205.54 mg
Iron 1.95 mg
Zinc 1.38 mg
Vitamin A 225.68 ug
Vitamin C 11.53 g
Folic acid 76.81 ug
Salt (Sodium) 418.05 mg
Sugars 27.2 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed