Clam and seaweed gyozas
For the seaweed:
- Soak the dehydrated kombu and wakame in a bowl with water and some salt. Make sure you fully cover them.
- Let them soak for 10 minutes, drain and chop.
For the clams:
- Steam the clams and separate the flesh from the shells. Set aside the liquid from the steaming process (it will be used to make a sauce).
For the filling:
- Sauté the onion and leek until tender (cut into brunoise). Add in the kombu and wakame and sauté for an extra 5 minutes. Add in the heavy cream and the liquid from the clams. Let it reduce to half its initial volume, season and let cool.
- Make sure the sauce is thick enough to fill the pasta.
To make the gyozas:
- Put a portion of the filling in the centre of a wonton sheet. Place two clams on top and stick the four ends together to make the gyoza. You can slightly dampen the ends, this way you will find it easier to stick them together. Place the gyozas on a tray and wrap with cling film. Let rest in the fridge until you cook them.
For the sauce:
- Put the heavy cream and spongeweed (codium tomentosum) and stir until you get a sauce thick enough to coat the gyozas with. Keep hot over a double boiler.
- You can either steam or boil the gyozas for 2 minutes. You can also fry them.
- Place them on a little plate or bowl and coat them with the spongeweed sauce.
- Decorate with some sea lettuce chips and spongeweed sprouts.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 12.11 g
Saturates 16.2 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 10.54 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 1.62 g
Cholesterol 80.03 mg
Calcium 227.06 mg
Iron 5.96 mg
Zinc 1.67 mg
Vitamin A 273.65 ug
Vitamin C 16.26 g
Folic acid 44.12 ug
Salt (Sodium) 1149.42 mg
Sugars 6.47 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed