Laquered bacon, red cabbage sauerkraut and reineta apple
For the red cabbage sauerkraut:
- Wash the outer leaves of the red cabbage and set aside.
- Finely chop the red cabbage in the thermomix machine (“three cuts every time” program).
- Place the red cabbage in a bowl, add salt and knead the mixture until the texture changes.
- Place in a glass container, pushing down so there are no empty spaces.
- To finish, put the outer leaves of the red cabbage on top, pressing so that the excess water covers it. It should always have brine on top.
- Close the container before the fermentation is not evident (approximately one week).
- Keep in a fresh, dry and dark place, at least 15 days.
For the bacon:
- Chop the pork belly into 200 g chunks. Add salt and pepper to taste and vacuum pack.
- Cook in the oven at 68 ºC with steam for 14 hours and allow it to cool.
- Remove from the bag and divide once cold. reserve the stock produced from the cooking for the sauce.
For the sauce:
- Make a substantial stock with ham bones, vegetables and plum tomatoes.
- Add the bacon stock. Strain.
- Reduce and add thickness with corn starch.
For the reineta apple compote:
- Peel and core the apple. Chop and cook with sugar, water, a cinnamon stick and lemon rind.
- Remove the cinnamon and the lemon.
- Make a uniform and consistent purée.
- Add some butter dices so it is smoother and shinier.
- Brown the bacon in a non-stick pan. Gradually add sauce to glaze it.
- Heat the sauerkraut and place it on the base of the plate.
- Place the bacon on top and cover with the sauce.
- Pour compote over half of the bacon.
- Place the red cabbage on top.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 5.68 g
Saturates 17.9 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 19.4 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 6.67 g
Cholesterol 73.16 mg
Calcium 133.9 mg
Iron 2.53 mg
Zinc 1.68 mg
Vitamin A 326.26 ug
Vitamin C 83.8 g
Folic acid 81.9 ug
Salt (Sodium) 1091.72 mg
Sugars 22.83 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed