Pain d'épices (gingerbread) ice cream
- Boil the cream, the milk, gingerbread, orange zest, vanilla and honey.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks together with the sugar and ice cream stabiliser.
- Then strain the hot milk over the yolks, whisking continuously.
- Heat between 82 ºC-85 ºC.
- Chill the mixture thoroughly with a reverse bain-marie (water, ice and salt).
- Churn the ice cream in an ice-cream maker.
Nutritional information (1 portion)
Fiber 0.01 g
Saturates 2.44 g
Monounsaturated fatty acids 1.77 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids 0.48 g
Cholesterol 105.26 mg
Calcium 36.86 mg
Iron 0.59 mg
Zinc 0.36 mg
Vitamin A 91.66 ug
Vitamin C 0.47 g
Folic acid 13.02 ug
Salt (Sodium) 24.76 mg
Sugars 7.24 g
The data is merely a guide and should not be used for medical purposes. Those responsible for the web disclaims any responsibility.
Chouquettes with ice cream and spiced bread, bitter orange jam, chocolate and Chantilly shot
- Type of dish: Dessert
- Cuisine type: French cuisine
- Temperature: Room temperature
- Aromatic herbs
- Big game hunt
- Bread and pastries
- Canned goods and pickles
- Condiments, spices and additives
- Cooked, salted, preserved and cold meats
- Dried fruits and nuts
- Dry pulses
- Edible oils and vinegars
- Eggs and derivatives
- Feathered game hunt
- Fish cuts
- Kitchen and bakery tecniques
- Kitchen and bakery utensils
- Meat cuts
- Milk, cream and derivatives
- Pasta, rice, flour and derivatives
- Service techniques
- Service utensils
- Vegetables cuts
- Vegetables, fruits, tubers and seaweed